Suggest treatment for sarcoidosis

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Fri, 27 Nov 2015 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis in 2007. A recent catscan shows discoid atelectasis in the right lower lobe and lingual of the lung, no sign of preseptal thickening. Is there a possibility of the lower lobe of my lung has collapsed. The "impression" of the scan was remote granulomatous disease.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Minimal degree of collapse

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. With Sarcoidosis in diagnosis, atelectasis should not be a XXXXXXX Discoid atelectasis is a linear atelectasis and is a minimal degree of lobar collapse not completely. These are some inevitable sequelae. if you have difficulty taking deep breaths or you are short of breath i would like you to get assessed . Your dose may need to be reconsidered or other options can be tried for that purpose.

Talk to your doctor and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.

Khan