question-icon

Suggest treatment for saddle pulmonary embolism

Posted on Mon, 23 Nov 2015
Question: I have had a saddle pulmonary embolism which was discovered oct 14. one week prior to the discovery I had a blackout after drinking about five drinks at a party we where having..could the embolism contribute to that episode having a blackout..it really scared my family and friends for they have never seen me behave in such a manner.
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis (37 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
probably not...

Detailed Answer:

a saddle pulmonary embolism is a very serious condition which may lead rapidly to death. It would be very unusual to have such a serious condition for one week without having any other symptoms and only be diagnosed one week later. A pulmonary embolism may - of course - present with blackout but I have doubts that this happened in your case. If you had ongoing symptoms from that moment and on then please describe them.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
You can contact me again, if you'd like any clarification or further information.

Kind Regards!
Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis