Suggest treatment for runny nose and chest congestion
hello and thank you for sending the question.
It sounds like your symptoms may be related to a viral infection or possibly some degree of allergy. since you do not have a significant fever or severe sinus congestion I would suggest that you continue to observe things for the time being.
We would generally recommend that you stay well hydrated. You might also consider trying an over-the-counter nasal spray such as Flonase. This type of nasal spray has a small amount of Cortisone in it, can help to alleviate mild congestion and nasal drainage.
If your symptoms progress to severe nasal congestion, fever or chills then we would generally recommend that you touch base with your primary care physician for physical examination and consideration of antibiotic therapy.
again for now I would recommend that you continue supportive care and consider trying the over-the-counter nasal spray to see if this helps symptoms.
thank you again for sending the question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for runny nose
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with cough and runny nose
- Runny nose and chest congestion for weeks
- Runny nose home treatment
- Suggest treatment for runny nose and sneezing
- Runny nose and chest congestion in morning and night
- Congested chest cough runny nose fever
- Suggest treatment for coughing wheezing stiff chest and runny nose
- Runny nose one nostril and chest congestion
- Is congestant used in the treatment of runny nose ?