Suggest treatment for running nose, breathing problem and warm body temperature
could you please suggest some medication's for this.
I would like to get him evaluated by a pediatrician
Thanks for the query
I would like to get him clinically evaluated by a pediatrician to assess the severity of breathing problem.
In this age cold can be followed by mild to severe respiratory distress a condition known as bronchiolitis(viral lower respiratory infection). In few babies the breathing problem can be just due to nasal blockade.
If the breathing problem is significant (rapid rate with chest retraction and noisy breath sound) there may be the chance of choking/aspiration while feeding.As respiratory distress can worsen rapidly in babies of this age group and sometimes parents may not properly assess the condition, it is better to be on safer side and get the baby assessed by a doctor.
If the breathing difficulty is mild i.e. baby is not irritable,he is playful and active/there is no chest retraction and feeding well then home management is sufficient.In this condition I would like to give antiallergic with nasal decongestant like combination of chlorpheniramine with phenylephrine(Triaminic drop)and some bronchodilator like salbutamol(Ambrodil-S).Give paracetamol for the fever.
I shall be glad to answer if you have any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Difficulty breathing while sleeping running nose acidity gas suggested tests
- Suggest the medication for running nose and sneezing
- What is the treatment for cold and running nose
- High body temperature running nose cough 4 days
- Having low temperature nausea running nose and soar throat suggest
- Treatment and cure for running nose
- Running nose with body temperature 96
- Suggest medication for cold and running nose
- Treatment and cure for seasonal running nose
- Suggest treatment for running nose blurred vision chills and headache