Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for running nose and watery eyes in a child

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1803 Questions
Hello doctor this is XXXX .my 2.5 year old daughter has running nose and watery eyes since this morning and since 4 days she has continuous cough and she is unable to take out the flem through cough . She is on Deletus D syrup 3 times a day 2.5 ml .kindly advice medication for her running nose and watery eyes
Posted Sun, 24 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
deletus d has all ingredients

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Running nose and watery eyes are usually viral or allergic.
Usually decongestants and anti histamines are given for it.
Deletus d has both these along with cough medicine dextromethorphan.
You can continue the same medicine. It usually takes 5 days to see improvement.
You can also give her nasal drops containing decongestant like nasivion pediatric drops 2 drips thrice a day for 3 days which I usually prescribe along with these.
This will help the nose and eye symptoms.

Wishing your child speedy recovery.
Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor