Suggest treatment for running nose and watery eyes in a child

Dr. Arun

Pediatrician, Pulmonology

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Question: Hello doctor this is XXXX .my 2.5 year old daughter has running nose and watery eyes since this morning and since 4 days she has continuous cough and she is unable to take out the flem through cough . She is on Deletus D syrup 3 times a day 2.5 ml .kindly advice medication for her running nose and watery eyes
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
deletus d has all ingredients

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Running nose and watery eyes are usually viral or allergic.
Usually decongestants and anti histamines are given for it.
Deletus d has both these along with cough medicine dextromethorphan.
You can continue the same medicine. It usually takes 5 days to see improvement.
You can also give her nasal drops containing decongestant like nasivion pediatric drops 2 drips thrice a day for 3 days which I usually prescribe along with these.
This will help the nose and eye symptoms.

Wishing your child speedy recovery.
Dr Arun

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj