Suggest treatment for ringworm

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Do I need to treat ring worm & how do I do it?
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
oral nd topical antifungals are advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com. I have read your query. I understand your concern.
Ringworm that is fungal infection of skin may involve any part of the body. It spreads from person to person and may spread to involve other parts of body also. So it definitely requires treatment.
In my such patients , I prefer to advise topical antifungals like clotrimazole cream / miconazole cream and tablet fluconazole / terbinafine / itraconazole. Treatment depends on the extent of involvement of disease.
You should visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription. You can share my opinion with him. I hope it helps. Take care.
Follow up: Dr. Charu Bansal 3 hours later
Where do I obtain what Dr. Bansal advises to take?
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
you should consult dermatologist in person for prescription

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome back. These are prescription drugs and should be taken under doctor's supervision. You may consult a Dermatologist in person to get the prescription.
Stay healthy