• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for ringworm infection

Posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 in Child Health
Question: Hi,my 7year old twins have ring worms what do I do?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clotrimazole or Miconazole cream

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic,

For ringworm infection you can apply topical antifungals like Clotrimazole or Miconazole cream on the affected areas twice daily for 2-3 weeks.

This should cure the infection.

Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 minutes later
Tried clotrimazole when it started months ago it did nothing
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Terbinafine cream or sertaconazole cream

Detailed Answer:
If Clotrimazole is not effective then you can change the group of antifungal medicine.
You can apply terbinafine cream or sertaconazole cream on the affected areas twice daily but these are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Answered by
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney


Practicing since :2007

Answered : 4403 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Sertaconazole

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, The inner skin of my thighs are becoming black and with small hard pimples . Please advise some medications as one of the pimple is...

doctor1 MD

Hello doc my mother has some skin problem

doctor1 MD

Since 10 years i am having this fungal infection which always comes in the groin area, i tried to follow few months courses suggested by doctors....

doctor1 MD

I have the itchy scabs on my legs tighs my bum so itchy I am always picking at them had them for 3 weeks and now on my face my son says it looks...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

160 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney
  • Q - What are the symptoms of scabies?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh

  • Q - Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss

  • Q - What causes red colored lesion on the hips?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for dry lips

  • Q - Suggest treatment for recurrent acne

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits

  • Q - What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?

  • Q - How to get rid of body lice?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs