Suggest treatment for ringworm infection

Posted on Tue, 28 Feb 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: my sister got ringworm on her both thighs.. we saw doc. attached details. Please give some home remedy for speedy recovery
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Measures to hasten cure of ringworm infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached prescription and the medicines prescribed are fine.
Ringworm is a fungal infection and fungi will take time to die and recovery will take some time.
Meanwhile for speedy recovery keep the area as dry as possible, stay in cool airy environment, wear cotton underwear, avoid strenuous physical activity, avoid sharing of soap and towels, change underwear twice in a day, wash it and iron it before wearing.
Reduce intake of sugary foods.
These are some simple measures which will hasten the recovery.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist