Suggest treatment for ringworm infection
Need for changing treatment
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
You seem to be taking sufficient treatment for your infection .
There can be two reasons for non response .
Either you are resistant to terbinafine or you have any other underlying conditions like diabetes .
Please get your fasting blood glucose levels checked .
In my patients with such a presentation ,I switch over to the next higher antifungals like itraconazole. I usually give 200 mg capsules twice daily for five days .
You can however continue to apply the topical agents .
Do not apply any other cream or oil over the affected area.
Wear cotton clothes so as to decrease sweating and prevent further infection.
Hope it helps
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recurrent ringworm infection have nickel allergy treatment and prevention
- Treatment and cure for scalp ringworm infection
- Treatment and cure for ringworm infection
- Suggest treatment for intestinal infection
- Suggest treatment for skin infection
- Suggest treatment for respiratory infection
- Treatment of ringworm
- Suggest bladder infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for worm infection
- Suggest treatment for infected prostate