Suggest treatment for ringworm infection in the groin area
I am suffering from ringworms in my groan area sine long time . I use some antifungal cream it cures but it come back again and again. Please suggest me a solution for my problem
please suggest ways to relieve pain.
I have not taken any medicine
oral as well as topical antifungal
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
For recurrent fungal infection you must also take an oral antifungal e.g terbinafine or fluconazole in addition to the cream.
I suggest you to take a tablet of terbinafine 250mg (zimig tablet)once daily for 2 weeks in addition to using a topical antifungal cream e.g terbinafine 1% cream (zimig cream), twice daily for 2 weeks. You may also take a tab cetrizine 10mg once daily in evening for symptomatic relief from itching.
General measures like bathing twice daily and wearing lose fitting cotton undergarments and clothes would also help in preventing recurrence.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for fungal groin infection
- Suggest treatment for lesion in the groin
- Treatment and cure for scalp ringworm infection
- Treatment and cure for ringworm infection
- Treatment and cure for groin infection
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin
- Suggest treatment for itching in the groin
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin region
- Treatment for fungal infection groin
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection between the groin folds