• question-icon

Suggest treatment for right upper quadrant pain

Posted on Sat, 1 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Just a quick question,

Last night i ate relatively late an unhealthy ice cream shake around 9pm and a homemade waffle at 1am. After the waffle i felt incredibly full (i never eat to where i get that full). This caused my RUQ pain to flare up again (which my GI doc cannot figure out but is completely remedied with a good diet and exercise). This morning i woke and still am not hungry (which isnt too normal for me, im usually starving when i wake up).

Would going to bed very full still cause you to wake up and not have hunger/be full?

Thank you,
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mild gastroenteritis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic to ask your query.
I have gone through your question and i appreciate your concern.

Answer is-
Mild gastroenteritis or gut infection causing depletion of flora of gut which helps in proper digestion of food.Gut Bacteria Help Digest and Absorb Foods. The most plentiful and important bacteria in the small intestine is the Lactobacillus species. Lactobacillus helpsferment indigestible carbohydrates and, as I mention below, supports the breakdown of sugars in dairy products, which are a common source of food sensitivities.The gut flora helps to neutralise some of the toxic by-products of digestion, reduce harmful substances (such as toxins and carcinogens), and discourage 'bad' bacteriaand yeasts. It also helps to stimulate the digestive process and aid the absorption of nutrients, as well as producing vitamins including B and K.Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts that are good for your health, especially yourdigestive system. We usually think of bacteria as something that causes diseases. But your body is full of bacteria, both good and bad. Probiotics are often called "good" or "helpful" bacteria because they help keep your gut healthy.

Depletion of thes bacterias due to toxic food causes mild indigestion resulting in fullness and loss of appetite.

I don't think there is any need to worry just start taking
A good quality probiotic like VSL#3 twice daily for 2 weeks along with an external digestive enzyme supplements fr few days.
Take light and easily digestible food.
Avoid cheese,meat,eggs,milk products for few days.

Hope my answer was helpful.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 10 hours later
Understood doctor. I will begin taking probiotics.

If i may ask one more, although im sure what the answer is. For someone thats been having gastric issues for a year or two now (RUQ pain, left abdominal pain, etc), would a poor diet be the cause of mild right & left abdominal pain?

My doctors, through a CT and MRI, cannot see anything immediately wrong but im curious if its kidney or intestinal (despite blood tests coming back normal). I should also mention that i do not have my gallbladder anymore .
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer

Detailed Answer:
Hello again Dear,

Yes, of course, everything in our gut is mostly related to food.
As an example, have you ever seen any pet having food poisoning, Gastritis bloating?
No, and the simple reason is that they eat natural food while human mostly follows their taste-buds.

In the case of disturbed gut flora, MRI and Other scans would be normal only.
My suggestions would be to change your diet.
Eat simple and choose health over food.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Brief Answer:
.

Detailed Answer:
I wish you a great luck.
Feel free to follow up dear patient.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 minute later
Fair enough. Thank you doctor
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist