Suggest treatment for right upper quadrant pain post a cholecystectomy

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I am a 41 year old Caucasian female. I've had a cholecystectomy. I have right upper quadrant pain, gradual weight loss of 25 pounds, increased thirst, decreased appetite, diarrhoea, hair loss, and fatigue.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should be investigated thoroughly.

Detailed Answer:
I can understand your concern,

Most of these symptoms that you have mentioned could be due to Hyperthyroidism, increased Thyroid hormone levels. Estimation of fT3, fT4 and TSH levels will confirm the diagnosis.

For right upper quadrant pain, you should get an Ultrasound abdomen to exclude any liver lesions. Some adhesions at the Surgery site of Cholecystectomy may also cause pain there.

Please discuss these with your doctor and get investigated accordingly.

Hope I've answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will clarify further.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee