Suggest treatment for right-sided flank pain while having fatty liver

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: at night when I sleep on my right side a get pain in the right flank area- when I get up in the morning and move around it goes away.
I thought it may be the bed but it happens in different beds when ever I sleep on my right side..

I have fatty liver and I am over weight...
any ideas what this may be...
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fatty liver not the cause. It's mostly local muscle strain

Detailed Answer:
Hi there.

This could be due to local muscle and soft tissue strain due to bad posture while sleeping.

It is advisable to sleep on the back only.

Apply hot water fomentation to the painful regions. Take Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 5 days after meals and Tablet Ranitidine 150mg twice a day for 5 days before meals.

Fatty liver is not of concern in this case.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr. Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Aashish Raghu 23 hours later
This has been happending for about 6 months...
What is rANYIDINE AND WHAT WILL THAT DO?
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antacid

Detailed Answer:
Ranitidine is to prevent acidity caused by the pain killing Medicine.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T