Suggest treatment for right-sided abdominal pain

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been experiencing a dull kind of rolling pain a little to the right of the bottom of my sternum for about a week. It happens at anytime but also after eating or drinking even water.
I think it’s unrelated but I also have a bit of a flushed face and sore throat but no fever for about a week.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need ultrasound abdomen and liver function tests

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

First of all it's sad to know what you had been gone through lately. Based on the history you have shared, it can be stomach pain but based on the location, but Other causes like gall bladder and pancreas also needs too be rulled out.

To start with an ultrasound abdomen and X-ray abdomen erect may be neded. Liver function tests and serum amylase along with complete blood picture may also be needed.

Meanwhile using antacids like omperazole before meals along with antispasmodic like drotavarine may cause symptomatic relief. Also avoid fizzy drinks and heavy fatty or spicy meals.

Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T