question-icon

Suggest treatment for rib pain under the left arm

Posted on Tue, 18 Mar 2014
Question: I am recovering from a lower back op. I had sudden onset of rib pain under the left arm overnight the pain was not inside the chest, and was provokable by touch. It moved further down and up, and was spasmodic. I had to breath through my diaphragm . Wife massaged upper left back muscles, took 50 mg diclofenac and 1 g paracetamol. Has settled but is still threatening
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: There are many other drugs. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You should take 1tab aceclofenac+thiocochicoside combination and 1tab lornoxicam 8mg by discussing it with your doctor. Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening. Do not push or pull heavy objects. I hope you have got your answer. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon