Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for rib pain under the left arm

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1041 Questions
I am recovering from a lower back op. I had sudden onset of rib pain under the left arm overnight the pain was not inside the chest, and was provokable by touch. It moved further down and up, and was spasmodic. I had to breath through my diaphragm . Wife massaged upper left back muscles, took 50 mg diclofenac and 1 g paracetamol. Has settled but is still threatening
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There are many other drugs. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. You should take 1tab aceclofenac+thiocochicoside combination and 1tab lornoxicam 8mg by discussing it with your doctor. Apply hot packs for 30 mins in morning and evening. Do not push or pull heavy objects. I hope you have got your answer. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor