Suggest treatment for rib inflammation while on Advil

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Lump
Question: i have pain along the the bra line of my back more on the right than on the left and can wrap around to the side. It comes and goes not every day. I had it Friday and didnt have it saturday. It came back this evening and it could be gone tomorrow. Advil does help. I have had a chest xray and ct scan of my abdomen. Nothing is abnormal although mu liver was somewhat enlarged. thoughts?i am wondering how long this takes.
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
myalgia.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
This is typical rib inflammation or costochondritis accompanied with myalgia which can cause pain locally at the back and unlikely to be due to mild liver enlargement. The pain due to liver pathology shall be in the right hypochondriac region and not at the back along bra-line. This is more musculoskeletal as a cause and can be alleviated with NSAIDS and hot dry fomentation twice a day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj