Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3020 Questions
my wife has really bad rhematoid arthritis, suffering from last 4years now
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Require further details Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query. I understand your appreciate your concern for your mother. But to help you better I need more details : 1. Since how long your mother suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis. 2. How was it diagnosed. 3. Any joint deformities? 4. Any investigations if done please share 5. Any treatment if taken please share. I would be able to help you better with these details. Stay Healthy.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis 15 hours later
1. My wife has arthritis since last 4-5 years 2. mainly Ayurvedic treatments, which at one time showed some good results but now for the last 02 years its gone worse 3. No deformmities as yet 4. RA factor tested, last count was 98 as against normal of 12, there is some BP fluctuation as well 5. Now the pain has gone worse and to counter that pain she is taking SUMO which could be harmful but can't find an alternate to counter pain
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. R Factor is positive with pain in small joints , this means she has Rheumatoid Arthritis. I advice you following more investigations : 1. ESR 2. CRP 3. Hemogram. 4. Anti-CCP Antibody. 5. X-Ray Chest In my patients with RA, I advise following : 1. Tab HCQS 100 mg once daily. 2. Tab Etoricoxib 90 mg once a day. 3. Tab Ranitidine 150 mg twice daily. 4. Steroids might be required if the disease activity is severe. 5. Monoclonal Antibodies are new advance in this field , but costly affair. You should discuss with your doctor about my opinion. I am sure he will agree to my opinion. I won't suggest you to go for ayurvedic treatment for this. Also , i won't recommend taking Sumo , as it contains Nimuselide which can cause liver damage. I hope i am able to help you. If you don't have a further query, you may please close the discussion and rate it.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor