Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Wed, 27 Dec 2017 in Lupus
Question: I am having a significant amount of pain in my feet first things in the morning when i try to walk. If i sit for a long period of time same painful feeling when try to walk. Pain in my hands in the morning ...swollen and sore....also pain in my elbows on the bone on front side of elbow...painful to touch. I had blood work done because Rheomotoid Arthritis runs in the women in my family. all test came back negative and doctor said take over the counter pain relief. It concerns me because i shouldn't be having this type of pain at 49 years old. I am very active and workout

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could still be due to Rheumatoid arthritis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The mentioned complaint is typical of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Sometimes in spite of having RA the blood reports come negative. So, I would not rule out RA as a probable case. Rather, I would insist you to visit a rheumatologist and to get a thorough evaluation done.

Hot compress should provide relief. Take pain medication if necessary.

Let me know if I could help further.