• question-icon

Suggest treatment for rheumatoid arthritis

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Lupus
Question: I have been misdiagnosed for five years with Rheumatoid Arthritis and just found out when I changed. to another Rheumatoid doctor. I now ae having kidney problems. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kidney issues with RA is a difficult issue

Detailed Answer:
hello
I am sorry to hear that.
actually once the kidney function is impaired s number of medications which are the disease modifying drugs cannot be used because of the risk of toxicity.
also painkillers- Nsaids cannot be used.
so the options that remain are analgesic medication like paracetamol and tramadol and biological medication.
these may still be used with some amount of alteration in the doses.
the kidney problem will have to be dealt separately by the nephrologist.
hope that helps
regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist