Suggest treatment for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment
The retinal reattachment surgery has to be done within 1-4 weeks.
Welcome to Health care magic
I reviewed your history.
It seems from the history that you are having retinal detachment of 6 days duration.
Retinal detachment is a condition in which sensory retina is separated from the underlying structures.
This requires treatment by surgery in the form of reattachment of the detached retina.
To get good results and good vision back, the surgery has to be performed within 1-4 weeks following retinal detachment.
Hence I advice you to get surgery done at the earliest.
Since you are having cataract also, the treatment advised by your doctor in the form of pars plana vitrectomy with silicone oil injection with phaco and intraocular lens implantation is in right direction.
Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you.
Do write back to me for further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for tractional retinal detachment
- Treatment and cure for frank retinal detachment
- Laser and silicone treatment of retinal detachment
- Treatment and cure for partial retinal detachment
- Treatment and cure for bullous retinal detachment
- Treatment and cure for significant retinal detachment
- What is the best treatment for retinal detachment
- Suggest treatment for 360 degree close funnel retinal detachment
- Retinal detachment treatment
- Treatment and cure for retinal detachment