Suggest treatment for retching and nausea
Blood work up and monitoring for fever spikes and antibiotics may be needed
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.
First of all, it is sad to know what he had gone through. Based on the history you have shared, it can be due to gastritis. Chances of getting food related infections also does exist though he hadn't taken anything for 12 hours but some pathogens may present few days after exposure. Vomiting triggered by such fasting can be due to gastritis or inflammation of stomach wall. Also a careful examination of tonsils will also be a good approach to look for any signs of upper respiratory tract infection. In blood workup,it will be advisable to get blood cultures and complete blood count done. If these are inconclusive then workup for H. pylori infections of stomach may be needed. If vomiting persists then make sure that you ask him to replace lost water and salts by using oral rehydration salts in water. Also using domperidone or mebeverine will help with vomitings. If fever spikes persist he may be started on antibiotics like ciprofloxacin by your GP. Meanwhile ask him to take soft diets and avoid spices and fizzy drinks. Using antacids like omeperazole or pantoprazole before meals may also help with discomfort. Wishing him a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for cough with throat itching and nausea
- Treatment for nausea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for nausea during pregnancy
- Suggest treatment for nausea for hyperparathyroid patient
- Orthodontic treatment nausea
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Diagnosed with vertigo worsened balance nausea suggestive treatment
- Treatment of nausea
- Suggest treatment for persistent chronic nausea and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for stomach problems nausea and bleeding