Suggest treatment for restless legs while on Clonazepam

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Cancer
Question: Dear Doctor,, Thank you for your recent help.
I have suffered restless Legs very badly and continuously for 18 months now, have used Dopamine ( Madopar, up to 375 mg a night, as well as Clonazepam 200 mg. with very little relief.
I have also used XXXXXXX and Pleasance Restless leg spray, and sometimes used a $00.00 bottle in two nights in an effort to alleviate the symptoms just to get a few hours sleep.
Last monday night, I was sitting at my computer talking to a friend in XXXXXXX , and I told her of the problem. She commented.." go get a brown yellow fleshed onion, and use half to rub on your legs . It will stop the problem."
Apparently, it is an old Irish remedy for leg cramps.
I laughed at her, and joked about smelling like onions, but after we left off speaking, I went and got an onion ( I had some , and a half one in the refrigerator.) and used the cold one, rubbing it al over my legs and feet. I just couldn't believe it.. I could feel the muscles slowing down as I did it, and as it was nearly 2 am, I lay down and the restlessness completely went away. It stayed away right throughout the next day and night, and on the third night I used it again with the same results. It is now part of my nightly routine, and I have no more restless legs. By the way, neither did my legs or the sheets smell of onion either.
Just thought you'd like to know... Maybe someone else who suffers with this distressing complaint can use the same.
Sincerely,
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
That was amazing

Detailed Answer:
Hi. So that was amazing to know a natural way of treatment. Thank you dear. I would like to incorporate it.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng