Suggest treatment for restless leg syndrome
exact cause need to be found..
Welcome at HCM
I am Dr Saad Sultan and will be answering your query. I have read and understood your health concerns.
Restless legs need to be investigated.
How frequent you have these symptoms?
How about during sleep?
Have you consulted any physician before?
Are you using any antidepressants?
As far as cure for restless legs are concerned it has got good prognosis if exact cause can be found.
There is need to get your full neurologic assessment . After then I will be able to proceed.
If I am your attending physician I will get your serum ferritin and iron studies. I would also get your full blood count, urea , creatinine and thyroid function tests.
Meanwhile stay calm and use avoid alcohol , caffeine and nicotine.
Meet your physician and maintain proper followup
Get well soon
Dr Saad Sultan
What is the procedure for getting (1) a full neurologic assessment. (2) serum ferritin and iron studies. (3) full blood count, urea, creatinine and thyroid functions.
Thanking you, XXXXXXX
see neurologist for clinical assessment
Welcome at HCM
I greatly appreciate your follow up.
Restless leg syndrome is either idiopathic mean without any cause or it may occur secondary to other causes as well. Among these low iron levels is most common cause. Response of patient to treatment largely depends upon whether cause is getting treated or not.
How about your symptoms with 8 mg reqiup? Are you improving?
There is need to do workup . In your blood it is important to check levels of ferritin , iron , folate , vit b12, magnesium , urea , creatinine and thyroid hormones. Since deficiency of these may be a cause of this.
Neurological assessment means clinical examination coupled with Electromyography and nerve conduction studies.
You need to see a neurologist so that all blood workup and neurological assessment can be done.
Hope your query is adequately addressed.
Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Just as a matter of interest I am 76 years and I have suffered with restless legs for almost 40 years. I have a brother who is 74 and he also has the same complaint. My two older brothers never had the complaint. Life was torture until I discovered "REQUIP" in a Doctor's column in a magazine in England.
Thank you again and good luck in your work. Regards, XXXXXXX
thank you so much
Welcome XXXXXXX at HCM
I greatly admire your follow up and hope you may get well soo. Its pleasure for me that I helped you and brought smile on your face.
I will be always here to help you any time.
If you have any health related query do ask me anytime directly with my name tagged. Your query will directly come to me.
I hope you a healthy and blessed life ahead. Do close the discussion and feel free to ask anytime.
Dr Saad Sultan
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hashimotos restless legs syndrome
- Restless leg syndrome clitoris
- Physiotherapy for restless leg syndrome
- Herpetiformis with restless leg syndrome
- Treatment for restless leg syndrome
- Treatment and cure for restless leg syndrome
- Hyperkalemia restless leg syndrome
- What is the treatment for restless leg syndrome
- Restless leg syndrome treatment mirapex
- Postpartum restless leg syndrome
- What causes thick yellowish coating on tongue and dry throat?
- What causes intermittent shooting pain in arm after applying pressure?
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes on left side of neck
- What causes severe fatigue in children?
- What causes increase in body temperature and heaviness in head?
- Suggest remedy for pain and redness on earlobe caused by an infection
- Suggest treatment for lower right-sided pain in buttocks causing painful...
- What causes swelling of the foreskin with fluid?
- Suggest treatment for severe cold, post-nasal drip, body pain and...
- Suggest diet plan for a diabetic with high BP and hypothyroidism