question-icon

Suggest treatment for restless leg syndrome

Posted on Thu, 24 Jul 2014
Question: Restless leg syndromeis making me crazy. It started in XXXXXXX this year after back surgery. Any connection? Any cure?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
No connection between surgery and restless leg!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this restless leg syndrome that you have described. it is a very disturbing symptom and worsened by the sleep disruption that it causes.

It cannot be cured but there are various classes of drugs to control this condition. What works best for you would be determined after trial of treatment. If the results are good, then the drug would be maintained but, if it is not the case, the drug would be changed to others until something that works well for you is identified. Talk to your doctor about this. A neurologist or a rheumatologist would be the best placed person to address this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.
Dr. Ivo Ditah