Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection
Steroids shoul not be routinely used in children
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms XXXXXXX
I personally don't use steroid in management of respiratory tract infection. Steroid has many disadvantages and is to be avoided in children unless there are specific valid indications.
Corex is okay for control of symptoms.
The cause of repeated infection could be due to
1. Persistent airway hyper-reactivity
3. Repeated infection
I would advise you the following, which i am sure will definitely help
1. Steam inhalation: It will be a good habit to cultivate. Steam inhalation for 10-15 minutes each session twice a day. Give it regularly even if she is alright. It helps reduce nasal congestion and also clears the nose. You can buy a good quality electronic steamer.
Continue steam inhalation even in between attacks, its good for facial skin as well.
2. Monticope suspension: It has antihistaminic and mast cell stabilizer which will help reduce airway hyper reactivity and reduce the incidence of future attacks. It has to be used for 4- 6 months after which it can be stopped. 2.5 mg of Montelukast once daily.
It will reduce airway hyper reactivity.
3. Wash the bed sheets pillow covers and cloth of baby in hot boiling water: It will remove the dust , mites and allergic substance present in it.
4. Decoction: To a cup of milk + 20 tulsi leaves+ 1 spoon of turmeric + small piece of ginger + 4 black pepper + 2 spoon of sugar. Bring it to boil. Filter it and feed her warm daily. It will reduce airway congestion and also Tulsi will boost immunity
5. Chyawanprash : 1 teaspoon twice a day will be beneficial to build up immunity
6. Himalaya Septilin syrup 5 ml twice a day will also boost immunity. Continue giving her for 3-4 months.
Do get back to me for any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr Deepak Kishore
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Respiratory tract irritation
- Suggest treatment for acute respiratory tract infection
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in children
- Upper respiratory tract infection treatment
- Treatment and cure for respiratory tract infections
- Lower respiratory tract infection physiotherapy treatment
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory tract infection
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection
- Treatment and cure for respiratory tract allergy
- Suggest remedy to cure respiratory tract infection