Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection and wheezing
No absolute indication yet...
Based on your symptoms, I don't see azithromycin or any other antibiotic as the need of the hour now. You need some drugs that will relax your airways and help you breathe better. It looks like they are strained now either due to some infection or allergy. Rest your voice, start deep steam inhalation and antiulcer drugs (antacid + prilosec otc) for the next few days. As you start these measures, monitor the progress of symptoms. If it gets more worse, visit your physician for detailed physical examination. He/she might start you on bronchodilator + steroid + antibiotic coverage.
Therefore you can withhold this azithromycin package use for another 2-3 days more.
Hope I am clear. Let me know if you need clarifications.
To treat laryngopharnygeal reflux
A group of patient have silent acid reflux where the contents of stomach - the undigested and acid contents regurgitate back into the food pipe. This regurgitation sometimes comes up to the throat level (Laryngopharyngeal reflux - LPR). They have classical symptoms much like yours. Until you get to see a doctor, I cannot exclude LPR, hence my suggestions to use antacids/prilosec. It keeps the acid contents down.
Hope I am clear. Feel free to ask for clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for acute respiratory tract infection
- Suggest treatment for wheezing and postnasal drip
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in children
- Upper respiratory tract infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for wheezing cough
- Suggest treatment for upper respiratory tract infection
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection
- Suggest treatment for asthma and coughing with wheezing
- Suggest treatment for allergic sneezingcoughing and wheezing
- Suggest treatment for expiratory wheeze
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...