Suggest treatment for renal disease

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Kidney Conditions
Question: 50yrs old normal GFR until yrly blood showed 50GFR. History of bladder cancer, had Mytomycin C injected which 2 months later had inflammation growth on bladder that required surgery. Creatinine 1.2 at this time. Ultrasound last wk states Echogenic renal cortices suggest medical renal disease. I'm I safe to wait 3wks to see nephrologist and does this ultrasound confirm 3rd stageCKD? What does Ultrasound finding mean?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can you kindly upload the ultrasound report for review?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this renal disease that you have reported. Stage three renal disease cannot be with an estimated GFR of 50. This is not a stage three and there is no reason to think any other finding can class you into this category.

However, it is always good to review an entire report before coming to any conclusions about what it says. Difficult reading a single line and making meaningful conclusions and recommendations from that. I will suggest that you upload the report for review.

To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.