Suggest treatment for renal cyst
Complex renal cyst
Thanks for the query
Renal cysts are a common finding and most of the times they are nothing to worry about. Especially if it is a single cyst and less than 2 cm in diameter and no treatment is required apart from yearly follow ups
However in your report the cyst is a little over 2 cm ( 18-22mm)and it has several septations. It is mandatory to get evaluated further on with a contrast enhanced CT scan to know the exact size of the cyst and to know the nature of the cyst for example benign, malignant, presence of lymph nodes etc.
Injection Powersafe is most probably Ceftriaxone, it is used to treat Urinary tract infections but this injection will not help reduce the cyst.
Here is how you should go about it
1. Get a renal function test
2. Urine routine
3. Complete blood count
4. Contrast enhanced Ct scan of abdomen and kidney
5. For the pain the best pain killer would be to take a pain killer which is not nephrotoxic. I recommend Tab Tramadol twice a day. Take it with prescription.
6. Please approach a nephrologist and not a physician as they have better knowledge regarding this
I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me
I. Does anyway out you can help me to overcome this.
have been trying to find the doctors here but in vain , al most a month now they keep giving me dates and dates while am in pain
Thanks for getting back. I understand how painful these cysts can be. Please try the painkiller I have suggested it will definitely help you.
Most of the times (95%) of the times these lesions are benign and does not require any form of surgery. However if the pain continues then one has to look for any active infection first and treat it, if the pain still continues then denervation operation can be attempted to relieve the pain
Take an appointment with the Urologist of Nephrologist is not easily available
I will let you know by the time i have on my hand. And thanx for the Tramadol i feel very much relief .
I wil get back to you soon. May almight God bless you
I attach the results of my renal test, Urine ans Blood count.
Thanks for getting back. I am glad I was of help in reducing your pain. I must warn you that Tramadol is an opioid analgesic and can cause dependency and habit formation. Please take it only with a proper prescription. I do not recommend its use without prescription and comes with fair illegal use policy.
I have seen the reports attached by you and there are within normal limits. However you must get contrast enhances CT scan done. Please get it done as soon as possible
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for benign renal cyst
- Treatment and cure for cortical renal cysts
- Treatment and cure for complicated renal cyst
- Treatment and cure for renal cyst
- Treatment for 8mm renal cyst
- Left peripelvic renal cyst
- Treatment and cure for bilateral renal cyst
- Renal cyst 9mm
- Treatment and cure for asymptomatic renal cysts
- Treatment and cure for fluids.renal cyst