Suggest treatment for removal of gall bladder stones

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: good morning doctor,i am XXXX ,57 yrs, i have gall stone of 12mm.what is the medicine for gallstones? kindly tell me.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No known medicines work in gall stone problems

Detailed Answer:
Namaskar XXXX.

This is very true that here are no known medicines in any of the XXXXXXX ( discipline of treatment methods like Allopathy, Ayurvedic, Homeopathy ).

Gall stone is 12 mm and may become a cause of infection as this is now a foreign body.

The only sure way to get a cure is Operation. The best choice is Laparoscopic removal of the gall bladder along with the stone. This is as good as a day-care procedure, you can g home on the same or the next day, move around very early, least painful. Get the Physician's check-up to find for the fitness for anesthesia and surgery. If normal go ahead with the Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy ( removal of the gall bladder with the stone).
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 32 minutes later
Sir, after removal of gall blader, will there be any consequences or ill health problems? Kindly tell me the precautions to take care of good health in future
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No ill-health problem

Detailed Answer:
After removal of the gall bladder there are usually no consequences or ill-health problems. It is best removed before the infection or inflammation sets in.

The precautions to be taken is to avoid oily foods and nothing else. No special diets are needed. You can have normal home-made-food. The body adjusts easily with the new system. The gall bladder has a function of storing the bile which is produced by the liver by concentrating it when the upper intestine is empty. It is contracted when the food enters this part called duodenum and is mixed with food for saponification of the fats in diet.

After Gall bladder removal this bile is going to be continuously flowing into the duodenum.

If you weigh the benefits, it will outnumber the side effects.
Of course the Doctors will take care to see that there are no attendant other medical or surgical problems. Once you are found fit, the recovery too will be smooth and fine.