• question-icon

Suggest treatment for relapse of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder

Posted on Wed, 9 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi;) I believe I have a horrible case of ADD, sleepiness, unproductively and just overall lack of motivation a lot of the time. I am a fitness instructor in NYC and work hard. I was prescribed a stimulant or 10 years back in college but now I'm in my 30s. I do feel I need one again, most likely vyvanse and non time release adderrall and wanted to avoid a doctors appointment. Can anyone talk to me about my options? I have great health insurance Thanks so much! XXXX
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Management of ADHD

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms can persist for many years and relapse later.
If you feel that the symptoms have relapsed, It is definitely important to undergo appropriate treatment.
Treatment options for AS HE include stimulant medications like vyvanse and adderall.However, the stimulants have potential to cause dependence and addiction.
Another option is using non stimulants like stattera, which do not have addiction potential.
Medications along with behavioral and psychotherapy can greatly help.

Unfortunately, you need a prescription for all these medications for which you will need to consult a doctor. Since you have good insurance, you can consult with your primary care provider/psychiatrist to confirm possible ADD and appropriate management.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal