Suggest Treatment For Regular Sneezing Problem
Current problem:- I am almost 10 weeks pregnant and having issue of nose blockage while lying on bed especially during night time and thus affecting sleep and quality of life. I am afraid to take any medicines because of pregnancy. My gynecologist ( before unani medicine I had taken HHLEVO-M for 4-5 days as prescibed by her- this gave me relief until I had it )suggested to consult physician if it is affecting my quality of life. Please suggest.
Please see detailed answer
I understand that you are concerned about your nose blockage during night time during pregnancy. This is a common problem, and it is usually caused by a combination of factors, including:
* **Increased blood flow to the nasal passages:** During pregnancy, your blood volume increases, and this can cause the blood vessels in your nose to swell. This can lead to congestion and a stuffy nose.
* **Hormonal changes:** Pregnancy hormones can also cause the lining of your nose to swell and produce more mucus. This can also contribute to congestion.
* **Gravity:** When you lie down, gravity can cause the mucus in your nose to drain down the back of your throat, which can make it harder to breathe.
There are a few things you can do to help relieve your nose blockage and improve your sleep:
* **Elevate your head:** When you sleep, prop your head up with extra pillows. This will help to reduce the amount of mucus that drains down the back of your throat.
* **Use a humidifier:** A humidifier can add moisture to the air in your bedroom, which can help to loosen mucus and make it easier to breathe.
* **Take a saline nasal spray:** A saline nasal spray can help to flush out mucus and relieve congestion.
* **Avoid allergens and irritants:** Try to avoid things that trigger your allergies or asthma, such as pollen, dust mites, and cigarette smoke.
Thank You .
Before ordering humidifier we thought of checking our room humidity using hygrometer, and humidity of our room is within range i.e. 30% to 50%, shall we still consider using humidifier?
Is there any brand or name of the saline spray which I should be using? Also, how should I be using it and for how long?
Is there any nasal spray or something similar which can be used and it should be safe for baby as well during pregnancy?
Also, can it affect baby's health too?
Please see detailed answer
Yes, you should use humidifier.
Nasivion is a good brand 3 times daily for week.
No need of nasal spray in baby or pregnancy, just use saline humidifier.
Otherwise normal saline nasal spray can be used for babies like Nasoclear Saline Nasal Spray. Babies health will not be affected by saline nasal spray.
I Hope Your Query is clear now.
What if it continues even after a week?