Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for reflux

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1803 Questions
Hi Doctor,
My child is in his 5th month, he is having reflux quiet often now days and he was not drinking milk fully(breast feeding) . he was doing good in the previous month but now he seems become some thin.
i would like to know what should be done to reduce the reflux?
i want to know whether the type of food taken by mother effect baby to cause this reflex?

Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
try domperidone

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to health care magic.
Reflux is a very common in problem in infants Upto one year. The reason is that the food pipe and stomach junction is not tight enough . This results in reflux of stomach contents up .
I usually advice my patients to burp well for atleast 15 min after each feed.
Also once you start weaning in the next 2 months start with thickened feeds.
Maternal diet relation to reflux in babies.
Keeping head end up when the baby is lying down will definitely help .
Domperidone can be given for month to see if it helps. It is a prokinetic drug which helps in reducing reflux.
Wishing him speedy recovery.

Dr Arun
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor