Suggest treatment for redness, swelling and fluid discharge from wound on knuckle
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
Photographs sent by you clearly show redness along with swelling around the wound.
This shows that you have developed infection in the wound.
You would need a course of a broad spectrum antibiotic like AUGMENTIN 625 mg three times a day ( 5-7 days ) along with regular dressing.
Please consult your doctor for the prescription of either this antibiotic or any other antibiotic as suggested by him.
Make sure that you are not diabetic,because in case diabetes is present and uncontrolled,infection would be difficult to treat unless blood sugar levels are controlled.
I hope it helps,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Worsening signs would mean more swelling,more redness,more pain and more yellow discharge. You see you definitely need a course of antibiotic.
As far as stomach flu is concerned,generally it is not to be worried if you are able to drink enough rehydrating liquids. Problem comes if you are not able to take orally because in that case,dehydration would set in fast and you would need intravenous fluids to correct the fluid loss. As long as you are taking enough liquids by mouth there is nothing to worry as this flu would become all right in next 2-3 days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment to remove wound scars on face
- Suggest treatment for swelling and fluid retention
- Suggest treatment for non-healing wound
- Suggest treatment for to heal wound on knee
- Suggest treatment for a reopened wound on penis
- Cut swollen knuckle treatment
- Treatment to knuckle wound
- Swelling around the open wound suggested treatment
- Is there laser treatment for dark knuckles?
- Suggest treatment for infection in hand and knuckle