Suggest treatment for redness on penile head
Pls do help me with clear responses on my questions, thank you :)
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. i would first like to request you to please try and attach clear images of the region to our discussion here to email them to me at:
with 'ATTN: Dr. Shoaib Khan' in the subject line. But if this is too much of a hassle or you cannot do so, then please do answer all my below listed queries clearly, thank you sir.
Next, I would like to ask a few question if you do not mind answering them, the responses will provide me with a clear insight on what the possible cause could be:
+Did you leave the region wet or moist off late:
+Is it hot where you live? Resulting in sweating in the groin region, and moisture through the day in the region?
+Did you masturbate or indulge in sexual intercourse and leave the region wet after the act? Which means you did not wash it the region dry?
+Do you have any bladder or prostate related issues that are resulting in urinary incontinence?
+Do you wear a diaper by any chance (only asking taking your age into consideration)
I appreciate your co-operation and look forward to hearing from you in order to help you further.
In answer to your other questions:
Penile candidiasis/yeast infection/fungal infection
Thank you so much for the information.
It appears that you could have a fungal infection, and so my advise would be the following:
+Do not leave the region wet anytime
+Take a shower once a day and dry up sufficiently enough after
+Make sure you change your inner wear at least twice daily
+Make sure you always wash and dry up after masturbation
+Make sure you always clean and dry up after sexual intercourse
+Use an anti-fungal oral tablet once only, one tablet of fluconazole 100 mg
+Use a topical application of clotrimazole cream over the region after cleaning and drying the region sufficiently enough, twice daily for 14 days
Please also feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.
Not received images, not too sure about fluconazole, clotrimazole content
I have yet to receive the images.
I am not sure about fluconazole being available OTC (over-the-counter) in the UK; and if at all they are not then you can just go ahead and follow the other instructions.
Clotrimazole is the content, and you can ask your pharmacist for any brand with this content, the brand does not matter, and you should get this OTC for sure.
Diagnosis is the same, abstinence is required until I say so
Yes, my diagnosis remains the same after seeing the pictures and with the information I have at hand.
Yes sir, please abstain from sexual activity until I allow you to. For now, continue with the treatment and write to me on the 14th day of your treatment with the clotrimazole and also attach images of how the status is then.
Based on that, I will advise you on the course ahead and when you can start with sexual contact once again sir. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a healthy life ahead. :)
It was my pleasure entirely sir
You are always welcome sir, please do follow up with me on the 14th day of treatment so I can guide you accordingly to help you recover completely, and avoid any recurrences.
Best wishes sir.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Penile seborrheic dermatitis treatment
- Bent penile shaft treatment
- Suggest treatment for penile infection
- Suggest treatment for chronic penile yeast infection
- Treatment and cure for penile thrush
- Treatments in ayurveda for penile curvature
- Treatments for penile head pain
- Pimple on penile shaft treatment
- Treatment and cure for penile cancer
- Hematoma penile shaft treatment
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...