Suggest treatment for redness near the nose after exposure to sun

Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My name is xxxx.. I applied Malacare on my face for 1 week and got good results, skin tone become fair.
But for 5 days i exposed myself to sun although i used sunscreen spf 70 but my skin become Red near nose and eyes first and now its becoming dark.. My skin tone of fave also getting darker...as my marriage is planned 15 days later..suggest me immediate remedy to get fairer tone and thereafter a safe substitute for fairer skin with no side effects...Tell me Can I use any mometosome cream to improve skin tone immediately.. Plz explain
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use Natural skin lightners/ consult Ayurvedic cosmetologist

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for using Healthcare magic. I have read your query & understood the concern.
* The lightening creme she had used contains three chemicals ( hydroquinoline, mometosone & Tretinoin) which all together result in temporarily hampering melanin products, Takes care of allergic & inflammatory reactions , nourish skin to cause healing.
But being chemicals , they tend to weaken skin making it more sensitive. That is why exposure to sun light is avoided after any chemical skin lightener... & she had done the same..though under protection of high SPF sun screen, which is again a chemical & was applied on a weakened skin.. naturally the skin did react to sun ( being gone sensitive ) resulting in sun burn.
* Now the first thing she has to do is take care of burnt skin & get prepared for the marriage.
Let her avoid exposure to sun / exposure to extreme climates & chemicals too.application of natural healers like Honey / aloevera gel would take care of inflammation / reaction of skin.
- Wash the skin with lukewarm water with a glycerin soap /Kojak acid soap which is a natural whitener( after taking a trial of allergy )/ Use of Tamarind powder & milk along with sandal wood powder or gram flour & applied 10 minutes before taking bath would help in natural lightening of skin.
- Similarly cucumber juice/ yogurt or lemon applied on skin also helps for lightening. She has to use any of these that suits her.
- Have diet rich in Vitamins c( citrus fruits),/ A Milk, fishes, / E Honey , sprouts along with her balanced diet/ Can take these vitamin pills over the counter .
- Drinking lot of water ( 10 -12 glasses ) helps.
* Consultation of dermatologist if the burns are severe is worth
* Ayurvedic cosmetologist would be advised to have exact suitable method for you.
* Even if the skin lightening is lesser at marriage.. the bridal make up can hide it very well. Please inform the beautician about your sun burn.
Thus with use of natural aids she can over come her problem on her wedding day . She should follow the instructions given by Ayurvedic cosmetologist in future.
Please remember the internal glow coming by smart behavior & knowledge
are more effective than skin color.
I hope that answers your query, Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.
.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 4 hours later
Can i use any mometasone cream to lighten dark spots for a week and then continue with Kojic acid cream and Moisturiser.
If yes then suggest any Mometosone cream name.
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Mometasone skin if neeful/use natural skin lightner with expert advicet

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for the follow up query.
I had already told about mometasone being anti allergic and antinflammatory agent.You can use Mometasone skin creme in case you have some inflammation /itching /redness on your face following the sunburn. You may have to consult a dermatologist in case you have some induration or tenderness at some point....to exclude infection. (In such case he may prescribe antibiotic skin ointment along with mometasone.)
*Another thing mometasone has no role on lightening of skin...rather it causes damage to skin &also dark colouration of skin.. on long use.
In case you don't have any such problem &there is no other remaining problem of skin except darkness... you can go streight way start using Kojic acid creme along with skin nourishing moisturizer (after testing it on a small patch of skin .. to avoid allergy) with healthy eating habits/positive attitude as suggested before.
* The important event like marraige is awaited soon... so I would advise -
-Avoiding exposure to sun,extreme tempratures or untested cosmetics .. in order to revent aggravation of the problem in time.
--Use of natural skin lighteners &skin nourishing cremes should be best option.
--To take no chance & and follow an expert cosmetologist's advise would be the best.

I hope that answers your query.Any more information you want.. I would love to help.
In case you don't have any doubt.. please grade the answer before yiu close.
Thanks.