Suggest treatment for redness and swelling in the hand
cat bites require antibiotic treatment
cat bites get infected at a rate of 80%. This is too high to ignore. Antibiotic treatment is required. Amoxicillin-Clavulanate would be an appropriate choice if there are no contraindications. Since the bitten part was the hand, it would be better if a doctor had a look at it. The hand may get infected and the infection may be hard to manage.
I hope it helps!
I appreciate your response.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for warts on hand
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness on hand
- Suggest treatment for numbness on hand
- Hand swelling pitting treatment
- Chronic sweaty hands red spots on palms treatment
- Suggest treatment for hand swelling caused by an injury
- Treatment for red peeling hands
- Suggest treatment for infection in hand and knuckle
- Ayurvedic treatment for swelling in hands
- Swelling in right hand painful treatment