Suggest treatment for redness and soreness on the throat
Hello. I have been through your question and understand your concern.
The veiny and red throat is known as pharyngitis and is not necessarily sore. It has many causes, with most of them being viral or bacterial infections. The first ones last for a few days and are associated with a light fever, and do not need any treatment, other than hot drinks. The second ones might need antibiotics. I do not recommend starting antibiotics without a throat culture to better determine the best antibiotic. In your case it seems a benign viral one, but if you will have fever you better have a throat culture.
Hope this helps. Please feel free using MHC again
It should go away in a couple of days
Hello. If it is viral it should go away in seven to ten days. Smoke does not help in these situations because it decreases the antiseptic mucosal activity of your salivary gland which are important in these situations.
If it persists over this period you might consider the throat culture.
But I saw it, and there is nothing to worry about. It is just a bit inflamed (which gives that appearance - red and veiny). You do not need any treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat red and swollen hurts to swallow treatment
- Suggest treatment for recurrent sore throat
- Suggest treatment and prevention of sore throat
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Coughing and sore throat suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and chest
- Suggest treatment for recurring sore throat
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Sore throat tissue red hard and fleshy treatment
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache