Suggest treatment for redness and sore penis tip

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Question: hi i have a sore rednees around tip of penis and it burns at the tip when i pee..i have been swimming in ocean everyday and think its from bathing suit rubbing and possible infection from water..its now 6 days later and its not going away..tip seems red and swollen alittle..i dont belive this is a std ? ..i have had protected sex a week prior..any thoughts ? there is no puss buildup and its not painful to the touch ...im going to see my doctor on monday ..
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be Balanitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

From the description given its highly unlikely to be std. It is likely to be Balanitis which is inflammation of glans tip. Exact diagnosis will depend on clinical examination.
It would be very helpful if you could provide me with clinical photograph for further assessment.
Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh