Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for redness and sore penis tip

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3190 Questions
hi i have a sore rednees around tip of penis and it burns at the tip when i pee..i have been swimming in ocean everyday and think its from bathing suit rubbing and possible infection from water..its now 6 days later and its not going away..tip seems red and swollen alittle..i dont belive this is a std ? ..i have had protected sex a week prior..any thoughts ? there is no puss buildup and its not painful to the touch going to see my doctor on monday ..
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be Balanitis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir

From the description given its highly unlikely to be std. It is likely to be Balanitis which is inflammation of glans tip. Exact diagnosis will depend on clinical examination.
It would be very helpful if you could provide me with clinical photograph for further assessment.
Awaiting your response

Take care

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor