question-icon

Suggest treatment for redness and rashes on the eyelids

Posted on Wed, 2 Nov 2016
Question: Hi, My son has got something like a rash on his eyelids. It is having some redness and the skin is drying and peeling off. We have applied moisturizing cream on a daily basis and it is not improving. The image is attached.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Contact allergic dermatitis most probably

Detailed Answer:

I read history and saw the photos. It seems that most probably your son is having contact allergic dermatitis on the both eye lids. There may be some allergens responsible for the disease...like pollens,house dust mite,wool,house dust...etc

You may consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and treatment.

I would suggest..

- antihistaminics like desloratidine 5 mg daily till the relief of itch sensation
- steroid like methyle prednesolone in tapering dose for few weeks 12 mg /d for 1 week,8 mg/d for 1 week,then 4 mg/d for 1 week and then 4 mg alternate days for 1 week..then stop ( tab methyle prednesolone 4 mg like tab. zempred)
- apply tacrolimus oint 0.03% on the lesions
- avoid contact with suspected allergens to prevent the relapse
- avoid soap bath

I hope this would help your son. Still, any query...you are welcome.

Thanks..

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist