Suggest treatment for redness and rashes on the eyelids
Contact allergic dermatitis most probably
I read history and saw the photos. It seems that most probably your son is having contact allergic dermatitis on the both eye lids. There may be some allergens responsible for the disease...like pollens,house dust mite,wool,house dust...etc
You may consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and treatment.
I would suggest..
- antihistaminics like desloratidine 5 mg daily till the relief of itch sensation
- steroid like methyle prednesolone in tapering dose for few weeks 12 mg /d for 1 week,8 mg/d for 1 week,then 4 mg/d for 1 week and then 4 mg alternate days for 1 week..then stop ( tab methyle prednesolone 4 mg like tab. zempred)
- apply tacrolimus oint 0.03% on the lesions
- avoid contact with suspected allergens to prevent the relapse
- avoid soap bath
I hope this would help your son. Still, any query...you are welcome.
Dr.Ilyas Patel MD
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrent itchy red skin rashes
- Toddler is having red eyelid what treatment should be done
- Red color rash on penis treatment
- Eyes are red and painful suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for swelling and burning sensation on the eyelids
- Treatment and cure for Such red rash
- Suggest treatment for redness and buring in eyes
- Red itchy rash in armpits suggest treatment
- Treatment for itchy red rash
- Sudocrem red rash treatment