Suggest treatment for redness and pain around a wound
No need to do anything with it.
Thank you for the query.
If you do not stitch a wound up to 24 hours after an injury, it wont get closed. So after removing first stitches, if the wound was opened, placing strips and glue was more than pointless.
Your wound looks fine. It will heal. Just give it some time. And try not to stretch the skin in this location. No need to see a doctor at this point.
Hope this helps.
It is typical healing process.
It is a fresh wound. Itching and pain is a typical during the healing process. Visible blisters are acceptable. Please note that healing process is induced by an inflammation (not infection). Warmness and pain are from this inflammation. It is how the body deals with wounds.
So please wait and see.
Please see the answet below.
Please note that I have only a handful of information. How do I suppose to see a piece of glass inside the wound having just a picture? It is much easier to judge and give proper diagnosis when you are able to examine the wound.
I would insist your wound does not need any special treatment. Infection is present always. It is localized. Therefore antibiotic (probably prescribed by a doctor) is not necessary.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment to remove wound scars on face
- Suggest treatment for non-healing wound
- Suggest treatment for to heal wound on knee
- Have reoccurring painful split wound on butt treatment
- Suggest treatment for a reopened wound on penis
- Eyes are red and painful suggest treatment
- Treatment for red swollen and painful nose
- Swelling around the open wound suggested treatment
- Suggest treatment for swollen painful red toes
- Treatment for swollen red and painful eye