Suggest treatment for redness and irritation on penis

Question
2 months ago I had a brief (2 min) oral sex encounter. I was the receiver. After coming to my senses, I quickly went to the bathroom and used a bar of soap and cleaned off my penis. Several hours later I felt a tingle inside my penis head. For over 8 weeks now I have had on and off again mild irritation around the tip of my penis and around the glans. The back of my penis head is red and irritated to my penis lips. At nearly 7 weeks, I had a herpes culture and blood test done and both came back negative. No signs of lesions or sores but the area did tingle at times. What could this be?
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is due to Balanitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Sir
The cause of your symptoms is unrelated to oral see you have received. From the clinical picture provided it appears to be Balanitis (inflammation of the glans penis).

As other test are negative it is very reassuring. I would suggest you the following

1.clean the glans penis thrice a day with lukewarm water and mild soap
2. Local application of combination of antifungal like Clotrimazole and steroid like Betamethasone applied twice a da for 3weeks will be curative

Do keep me updated

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD