Suggest treatment for redness and irritation in the testicles

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My husband has irritation redness on his testicals he leeks pee very painfull what can he use to help the burning
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your husband likely to have UTI with Orchitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that the dysuria and redness of the scrotal sac that your husband has is mostly due to UTI with infection of testicles (Secondary Orchitis) .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum.

Start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin and anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily.Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.