Suggest treatment for red spots on the lower neck

Dr. BR Hudda

Posted on Wed, 7 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have three small (inch or less) oval red spots on my lower neck (oldest) under my chin and above my left eye. The oldest is at least three months old and is getting progressively more red. They don't itch and they aren't painful but they are going away. I'm 70 yo and in excellent health otherwise.
Answered by Dr. BR Hudda 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please provide some additional information

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I had gone through your photograph, you have uploaded and question very diligently and I really appreciate your concern

In my opinion it doesn't seem to a serious problem so you need not to worry.

Here I would like to know further details like
Are you taking any medicines?
Does it fade away or putting pressure or stretching ?
Have you seen any change in skin texture of the spot.

I would advise you for baseline investigations like blood for hemoglobin, CBC, Liver function test, coagulation study, blood sugar and skin biopsy of spot if need be.

Meanwhile keep it clean and apply any moisturiser
Please write back to me with these details so that I will be able to tell you more precisely.
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D