Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

147 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for red spots on penis tip

Answered by
Dr. Vishal Garala


Practicing since :2009

Answered : 1714 Questions

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Sexual Health
Question: my husband has again got red spots on his penile tip.he got these with itching in XXXXXXX as well with white substance..we applied candid cream. we recently had unprotected sex last 2days and now he has red spots with itching.what should we do.
Answered by Dr. Vishal Garala 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi, penile red spot need to differentiate.

Detailed Answer:

I admire you for positive outlook.
Very glad to see you.

Penile red spot with white substance can be anything like fungal or bactreial infection or auto immune pathology like lichen planus.

Is it any discharge from it??

Candid in only work in fungal infection and usually require for longer period of times.

To differentiate lesion it is must to go for examination.

Consult skin specialist becuase after proper examination of that spot , we will reach to diagnosis.

if lession is increasing in size, presance of dishrage, recurrent than require consultation.

it would difficult for any doctor to give treatment whithout examine lesion.

but it is curable and improve within short period of time after proper diagnosis.

so my advice to go for skin consultation.
If still you have query than feel free to ask.

Always here to help you.

Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Vishal Garala 6 hours later
surprisingly today morning i am also feeling burning sensation and mild itching outsude labia minora and around labia majora.i also found my urine bit hazy and not transparent.
Answered by Dr. Vishal Garala 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hii XXXX , it might indicate infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear

Very glad to see you again.

I guess there are two posibilities.

One you might get infection thats the reason you experienced itching aroung labia minora.
Is it any disharge from vagina???

If yes than it indicates infection.

2nd you have mentioned about hazy urine.
So there is chance of urinary tract infection. So I would like to do urine test. If test indicate infection than need to consult doctor. I would prefer short course of antibiotic to both the partners. But after proper evaluation and after detail report.

So please consult a doctor if your symptoms persist.

Feel free to ask.

Get well soon.

Take care.

Thanks for using health care magic.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Vishal Garala 28 minutes later
havent noticed any major discharge...i usually get white discharge before periods.i wil get urine test done.whom should i consult..a normal physician?my husband is goimg to dermatologist..should i go to same or general physician
Answered by Dr. Vishal Garala 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi , good to see you again.

Detailed Answer:

It is good that you dont have a disharge.

Just clean that area with hot water.

Please go for urine test and if required than consult general physician.

Your husband require treatment from dermatologist.

Still have query than feel free to ask.

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Fungal infection

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr. Dilip Raja,

I am a 23 year old, sexually active male. I have had a history of fungal infections (jock itch, infected toes, etc) all over my body. About 3 months ago I started having severe pain on the tip of my penis that worsened after urination, ejaculation and chaffing. I was tested for all STDs at 2 months and 4 months after possible exposure and everything came up negative. I was put on 2 months worth of antibiotics which did nothing to improve my condition. Recently the pain at the tip has gone away but there is now a small line (indentation) along the base of the head of the penis which is the source of the discomfort. It is greatly affecting my sex life. I hope you can help.

Bejan Hakimi

doctor1 MD

Dear Dr. Srinivasan

Name - Nitin

Age - 36

I have had recurring problem of red spots (isloated) on my penis head for 3-4 years. I have consulted many docs with varied diagnosis.

I was single then and made to believe it was fungal, it comes on its own and have been getting treated accordingly by a dermatologist.

Recently i got married and again recurringly had red infection on my penis. Along with this, my wife also developed infecion and was put under Gynea treatment, again for fungal infection and Fas Kit prescribed to both along with aplication of fungal infection creams. For the reason not transfering infection bw me and wife, we have stopped having intercourse (unprotected) however my wife was ok but I kept developing these red spots/ infection.

However on repeated occurances we consulted a different dermatologist and he suggested Herpes but blood test reports ruled out. However he insisted that indeed it is Herpes and sometimes the medical reports do not show the same. I was put on Famtrax 250 for 1 week along with application of topical anti-biotic(fusidic acid cream). The red spots kept going and coming but doc clamed it is Herpes geting cured and that takes time to cure as in past i have been exposed to steriod in form of anti-fungal creams. Post a week of Famtrax, i was put on antialergic and anti-biotic cream for a week.

the red spots have gone but now there is recurring white spots (small pimple types) which come and go. On showing to doc, he said its miliaria of penis and common and due to non drying of the area. I was asked to take urine test (culture and routine) and culture cam normal. Routine test pointed to some epidrmal cells (UT infection, I have mild recurring burning sensationtoo) and doc asked me to take Disodium Hydrogen Citrate (Alkasol) for a week. I am currently on Alkasol and Antialergic.

But the white spots are coming and going everyday still. I am not sure if im cured yet but doc says im fully cured but the white spots can be ignored and i can have unprotected sex with my wife.

Problem is i want to start a family soon but am confused due to various diagnosis. I do not want to pass on to my wife and abstain from sex.

Please suggest cure for white spots.

i wll be very greatful.

Kind regards


doctor1 MD

A friend had psoriasis for over 20 years. Shje is now 57 years of age. 12 years ago she began to suffer from arthritis. Doctors merely said it was psoriatic arthritis. Over the last two years her kidney became diseased (stage 4). It was then that a doctor said she was most probably suffering from yeast/fungal infection. I was wondering if she could be treated for the yeast/fungal infection by way of starvation with saline drip and antifungal. Of course if this is possible it will be done in a hospital. Once the yeast infection is cleared, the kidney disease could be addressed. Your views under no obligation or lialibility please.

doctor1 MD

Good day. I have noticed a strongish smell after urinating. The pharmacist said its either a fungal or bacterial infection. Diflucan was suggested, but that would only sort out a fungal infection not a bacterial?? i had been on antibiotics a while ago and my life is very stressful right now due to my mother being ill. In the past I would use Diflucan after antibiotics to get rid of the candida which antibiotics cause. NOw there is only a smell of the urine but no actual discharge.

doctor1 MD

My daughter is overseas and has asked about a rash she has developed: First one, now two, salmon-colored slightly raised patches of approximately 2 and 3 centimeters, respectively. One is just anterior to her left axilla, the other is on her...

doctor1 MD

My ESR Test Result: 30mm/hr in 1st hour and 2nd hour 60mm/hr why it’s come like can you please explain. Last 2 weeks on word i ma getting itching .what the reason The doctor has started working on your question. Once the doctor submits the answer,...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, The inner skin of my thighs are becoming black and with small hard pimples . Please advise some medications as one of the pimple is paining and during itching has got open as well