Suggest treatment for red spots on penis head

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello I have red spots (no pain) on the head of my penis. Dont know what it is, the itch is extremely mild? Any suggestion? And I also noticed a frenulum tear down here. I researched and it seems like syphilis or something. I have been taking AMOX-CLAV 875MG for a earlier sickness for flu like symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Candidal/ yeast balanitis; topical and/ or oral antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have gone through your query and I have noted down your concern.

This seems like a candidal/ yeast infection to me. Oral antibiotics could be an underlying reason in your case.
If I was the treating doctor I would suggest you to use an otc topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1% cream, twice daily.
In addition I would suggest a Single dose of an Oral antifungal e.g Tablet Fluconazole, which is also curative.
Oral fluconazole is a prescription drug and I suggest that you visit a dermatologist in your region for a confirmatory diagnosis and for the needful.