Suggest treatment for red spot on the penis shaft
I have had a small red spot on the bottom half of the shaft of my penis for around 10 days now. It looks something between a spot and a blister and is completely red. There is no red base surrounding the spot. I have read that if it was herpes if would have turned into an ulcer long before now. When I roll my fingers around the skin to feel the underside it feels slightly hard. Can you advise?
Please attach a picture.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Can you please attach a picture of this spot?
There are some causes of spots on the penis like an inflamed hair follicle or an ingrown hair. Also tiny nodules under the skin are normal hair follicles. Other possibility is blocked gland which can become infected.
Your symptoms do not indicate herpes infection. After infection you may have painful red bumps that break open and cause painful sores within a few days.
Please note that if it is not causing you any discomfort it could be a normal spot.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for wart of shaft of penis
- Treatment and cure for Red penis
- Suggest treatment for itchy and inflamed penis shaft
- Suggest treatment for fractured penis
- Treatment for red blotches on penis
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- Penis shaft is red following warticon treatment
- Suggest the treatment for micro penis
- Pimple on shaft of penis treatment
- Suggest treatment for pimples on penis