Suggest treatment for red spot on penis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have a red spot on the head of my penis that appears to be two really small bumps. They are hardly raised, if at all really. Is this an early stage of herpes or hpv or neither? I have pictures attached.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could beinfection of Glans Penis (Ballanitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query,based on the facts and photographs that you have posted it appears that you have infection of glans penis(Ballanitis)

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex before you noticed these bumps? If so does your female partner have any vaginal infection?
2) Do you have any itching?
3) Do you have any urinary symptoms?

Mostly it is neither Herpes nor Hpv but bacterial infection of glans penis (Ballanitis)

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

I

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 29 minutes later
Thanks for the prompt response doc.

Last time I had unprotected sex was on 5/9/14. Since then I havent had sex or intercourse at all. I went to my urologist on 6/4/14 just to get a check up and was given an all clear. At that point I had no issues. I have checked with that sexual partner and she has no problems as far as shes aware. I check myself 4+ times a day and haven't noticed anything new until today. The two little red bumps. Other then those I have no other scores or lesions, anywhere. I have had some issues with peeing the last week but most of those issues have subsided besides a sharp pain I get from time to time in my shaft. I've checked my urethra the best I could and see nothigng inside it or around the tip of my penis. No redness or swelling. Every once in a while I have a hesitation when I go to pee but other than that everything seems to be normal. I feel fine and have no fever. (Took it today) the hesitation to pee started last Wednesday 7/16/14 and had some very mild burning after I would pee but not during, only after. My thought is have some kind of infection or bacteria that's causing the issues and not an std. Feel free to follow up with any questions. Thanks!
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like Bacterial infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
.Thanks for follow up.
One thing is be assured that it is not STD.
Please get the tests done which I have suggested in my reply earlier .This will help us to take appropriate antibiotic.to get quick results
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil..
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 41 hours later
Hey doc, have something else for you to look at and tell me what you think it might be. I have pictures attached and the area where it's located. It's on the top of my thigh. Thanks!!!

Hey doctor I have a few more pics for you to check also. These are on the under side of my shaft close to my head. Look where my finger tips are and you will see what I'm referring to. In the one pic I have my thumb pointing at one and in the other pic my thumb and my finger are each pointing at what I'm referring to. are these warts? Seem to be a slight darker then the rest of my skin.

Check all pics and let me know what you think. I'm worried they are warts.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
They do not look like typical warts .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
It does not look like as typical warts .It could be hyper granulation due to natural reaction that occurs after infection .

Pleas try and continue medicines I have suggested earlier.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D