Suggest treatment for red rashes on arm, neck and shoulder

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, About a month now I have noticed those RED RASHES on my arm near shoulder, neck.
It first started out with 2 on my eyelid and one bump on the corner of my mouth. Those went away, but new BUMPS and RASHES have grown.
The RASHES and BUMPS are usually found in clusters and sometimes in patterns of squares (for example, the image of the one on my shoulder.
They are also around both my SIDE of Neck Areas" and on my chest.
What is weird is on the top of my eyelid and near my eyebrows, I get BUMPS. But everywhere else I mentioned I get those RED RASH patches.
The other images I uploaded are bumps on my RIGHT eyebrow, there is about 7 of them. I also had one bump on the side of my lip.
I also had a bit of rash near my ears.
When the RASHES start to heal, they leave a brown dead skin where it used to be and white flakes.
The dermatologist is not sure what I have. He thinks dermatitis or a allergic reaction. I took a blood test recently and waiting for results. I am wondering what this could be. Could it be mites? I do have a dog / she is a indoor dog and only goes outside to use the bathroom nd she is washed weekly and is given treatments for her hair. Could I have Demodex?
Also, I should add, that I am married and my husband does not have any Bumps or Rashes and he is the main one that handles the dog.
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
kindly provide following details

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com.
I have read your query.
I have seen the attached photographs also.
I understand your concern.
As per the information provided by you, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Seborrhoeic dermatitis.
It is characterised by red colored rash or bumps involving face, uppe chest, upper back and limbs.
On face, the the rash is prpredominantly distributed over eyebrows, ears, sides of nose, cheeks covered with fine whte colored flakes.
I would like to know following details-
1) Have you Dandruff on scalp?
2) Is the rash itchy?
3) Any other medical illness like Diabetes Mellitus, Thyroid dysfunction?
4) In how much time does the rash subsides with or without medication?

As of now it doesn't look like Demodex or mite.
Kindly reply to my questions and if possible attach some more images so that I can actually help you to my best.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist