Suggest treatment for red patches on buttocks and inner elbow

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been having some skin infection. Not sure if its an infection or caused by humid levels in my city. There are small round red patches on my backside and a small patch near my inner elbow.

Attached are the images as shown on my back and the right hand.

Also just to let you know there hasn't been any itching so far. I haven't taken any medication for this. Not sure why is it spreading on my back and at several places.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query and photograph.
It is looking like fungal infection.
I treat such cases with topical clotrimazole cream and oral fluconazole.
You can try this in consultation with your doctor.
There is nothing to worry.
It is a common infection and can be easily treated.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 minutes later
Thanks for your quick response and reviewing my problem.

Would you be able to suggest any medication. For the topical cream , I believe Candid-B should be good , however not sure for the oral medication.

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use candid b

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
Go ahead with candid b.
It will help you.
Oral anti fungal might not be required.
If there is no response we will think about oral anti fungals.
Let me know if there is any other doubts.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T