Suggest treatment for red non itchy blotch on underarm

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
I have a 9 year old boy in good health. Today he said his underarm area hurt---when he took off his shirt there was a red 'blotch'--he says it does not itch. Upon looking at the rest of his upper body I saw another blotch under it and on the side of his back and his torse (both evident in picture). Any guidance?
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it is eczema or urticaria

Detailed Answer:
Hi...thanks for consulting on health care magic. This lesion in picture looks like an eczema or an urticaria. Though it's not itching now it might shortly. There appears to be a small pustule also on the eczema near armpit. Have a few questions -
1. Did he have eczema when he was younger?
2. Does he have any fever now?

If I were your pediatrician I would consider using an emollient lotion & a oral anti allergic medication. Duration depends on the response to treatment. Also if it's spreading & the pustules are growing & he's got fever, I would advice you to get to your pediatrician as he might need an antibiotic.

Regards- Dr. Sumanth